Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What this blog about...

Everyone says it is important to eat 5 fruits and 5 vegetables a day. I couldn't agree with that any more! I say it is just as if not more important to think of 5 things everyday that you are grateful for. I have done this and seen others do this and it changes the way you view life from "what I don't have" to "what I do have." It helps you develop a grateful heart. I chose GRATITUDE!!!

1.) I am grateful for the Christmas season. It is the season in which we celebrate our Savior Jesus Christ coming to the Earth. No wonder the season is full of joy and hope. I wish it lasted all year. People are kinder, more generous, and caring just like our Savior exemplified. '

2.) I am grateful for parenthood. It teaches me so many things and most importantly how to love with my whole being! Children teach me more than any of my graduate or undergratudate professors every could.

3.) I am grateful for marriage. Marriage is the best thing that has ever happened to me because I married the right person, at the right time, in the right place.

4.) I am grateful for the freedoms I enjoy. I am reading "Three Cups of Tea" and can't even imagine going through the trials that some of the Pakistani people face. I am so blessed to live where I live.

5.) I am grateful for laughter, especially the laughter of children. Nothing brings a smile to my face or joy to my heart quicker than the sound of a child or baby laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment