Today I am grateful for...
1.) My calling. Even though many times I feel inadequate, frustrated, overwhelmed and ineffective there are nights like tonight when I feel great for being a part of something very meaningful. We divided up the money that was donated by the members in our ward and we went to Walmart to buy Christmas presents for 4 children. I was specifically shopping for a two year old girl. It was so fun for me to envision a little girl, with many similar characteristics to my own son waking up on Christmas morning with a big smile. We came back to the church, wrapped them, and then they were dropped off. It felt so good to help in some small way to spread the real meaning of Christmas.
2.) These incredibly hard weeks in life that make me appreciate the normal ones. My husband has been working on finals for what feels like months now, but the actual finals weeks were last week and this week. I saw my husband for about 10 minutes total today which is probably an all time low. I can complain a lot about everything that makes this hard on me, like having to take care of our son alone, but all it really is is us both working really hard for something we both really want. We have talked about this goal and this dream of having a family and Robby going to law school for years and the fact that we are actually doing it and doing it together brings such a joy to me even in the hard times. Who knows what life will bring us, maybe much harder times, maybe much easier times, but knowing that we have each other and love each other is all I need to get through it.
3.) I am grateful for knowing I am going to get three weeks with my husband!! Once we are "all grown up" and in the "real world" I don't think that will happen often or ever. So I am going to eat it up!
4.) Mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mmmmmmmmmmm Yummy
5.) Taking my son on the sled today. He was so cute being so bundled up that he couldn't even move. I hope every day I can be a little better at this mom thing. I really feel like I am learning so much from him. Especially to slow down and simplify life. He is the greatest.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment